Thursday, November 12, 2009

MOVING . . .

Hey everyone!
sorry it has been so long. I have been putting this one off for quite some time now...
Things in Ngong have been better... i feel very burnt out and tired, among other things.
I have LOVED my time here and will never forget it, but the past week has been very frustrating and hard for me.
I have a new plan though, thanks to some good ol' baptist connections! I am very much indebted to you Terry if you read this!! Over lunch today with a man named Malcolm Card, and a couple named Aaron and Erica Kenny from Canadian Baptist Ministries we made a new plan of action! On Saturday, Paul from CBM and I and his kids are going to watch the Kenya vs. Nigeria world cup qualifier soccer game, SICK! After that I will spend the night at their place, Sunday morning I'm off for Ugunja for a week!
I am really excited to go back and visit my friends there! I don't know exactly what I will be doing there, but I know the family I am living with and they're awesome! I am sure that there will be lots of things to do there, as they always lots on the go! I'll be sure to stop in at the library and see my old friend Maureen!!
After Ugunja I will be living and working with the aforementioned Kenny's, they seem great, and are excited to have me. They have three young kids, so it should be a blast! I will update you on exactly what I'm doing there once I know more, but I know it involves Somali women, English classes and also a daycare, and some sort of vocational school!! I will be there for a week and then I'm going to the North East province with Paul, I have no idea what I'm doing there with him, but at lunch today everyone seemed really excited that I was going to get to go, so i say SOUNDS GOOD!
Anyways, thanks for reading, I'm really excited and feeling good about my decisions.
One thing Malcolm asked today was "how hard was it to ask for help?"
I had to be honest with him and say, it was hard. I guess it is something that I have never been really good at, but I am glad that i asked for help, and boy were they ready and more than happy to help me! hmm... life lesson? I THINK SO!!

PEACE!

4 comments:

  1. Great post. Good to hear you're doing alright. Call me! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart man - the challenge of being vulnerable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm life lessons, I THINK SO. haha not to often to typed words make me laugh in class. however in your case...this was accomplished.

    I love how i can picture you doing this up man, thanks for the post. I read em all...so does Judy and Papa Doc! Miss you Zach

    ReplyDelete